Some of us have way too much salmon in the freezer (what my wife tells me), turning it into Salmon Poke is one of my favorite of the many preparation styles out there.
- Debone and cut the fish into cubes
- 1 Avocado cubed
- Add 2 Tbls of Cilantro – chopped
- Use about 1/4 of a Walla Walla sweet onion (the best onion!) thinly sliced
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt (to taste)
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbls sesame oil
- 1 Tsp of sesame seeds
- 1/2 Tsp (to taste) of red pepper flakes
Serve over sushi rice. It’s important to let the rice cool a bit after cooking or you will be cooking your poke soon after serving over the rice.
For more ideas and ways to enjoy great tasting salmon, head over to our guide devoted to the best way to cook salmon.